What is the Google Authenticator?
The Google Authenticator refers to a tool of authentication via dynamic passwords. With the Google Authenticator linked, the Google verification code generated on the mobile phone must be entered for corresponding operations. The operations, if authenticated, may proceed, providing better security and safeguards to your account(s) and funds.
1. Download the Google Authenticator to your mobile phone. iOS users may log onto the App Store and search “Google Authenticator”, while Android users may search “Google Authenticator” in the Play Store or the mobile browser.
iOS download link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/google-authenticator/id388497605
Android download link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.authenticator2&hl=en
2. Open the Google Authenticator, click “+”, and select “Scan barcode” on the right upper corner.
3. Scan the QR code on the “Set up Authy/GA 2FA” page, or manually enter the key on the page. Your Google Authenticator will generate a six-digit verification code, which is entered into the corresponding input box alongside the verification code obtained from your email. You may determine whether to activate the GA function for logon and cash withdrawal. Then, click “Next” and “Confirm”.
4. Upon configuration of the GA, the GA verification code (the six-digit code) must be entered for each login and cash withdrawal and can be disabled in your settings. Only the latest verification code is valid and updated every 30 seconds.
What if the mobile phone and the Google Authenticator are lost?
- It is strongly recommended that you save the key or QR code when linking the GA. In case that the mobile phone is lost, you may use the key or QR code to link the GA to the new mobile phone.
- In case that the backup key or QR code is forgotten, please go to ftx.us/support and open a support ticket. A member of our support team will get back to you with next steps.
2 Factor Authentication is a required security feature on your FTX App and cannot be disabled. If your you would like to get your codes via an authenticator app, follow the steps below:
1. Tap the ⚙️ icon at the top right corner of your FTX App.
2. Select Security.
3. Tap Two-factor authentication.
4. Select Authenticator App.
5. You should see a prompt letting you know that withdrawals will be disabled for 24 hours for security reasons. Tap I understand.
6. You will be presented with a QR code on the next page. Scan the QR code or copy the secret key to your authenticator app. Tap Next.
7. Copy the code from your authenticator app and paste it in the FTX App. Tap Continue.
8. Type the code sent via SMS and tap Submit.