FTX Pick ‘Em WS Promotion
Sponsored by West Realm Shires Services, Inc. d/b/a FTX U.S. (“Sponsor”).
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The “FTX Pick ‘Em WS” Promotion (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on October 19th, 2021 at 12:00pm EST and ends on October 22nd, 2021 11:59pm EST (the “Promotion Period”).
- Agreement to Official Rules. By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, you accept and agree to be bound by these “Official Rules.”
- Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. (excluding New York and Florida), eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry, who participated in the 2021 MLB Moonblasts Pick ‘Em Presented by FTX Contest. Employees of Sponsor, MLB Entities (defined below) and each of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to Sponsor through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Promotion Period, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are also not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The “MLB Entities” shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (“MLB”), Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities.
- How to Enter. You may enter the Sweepstakes in the following ways:
- Via the FTX App: During the Promotion Period, participants may enter by completing the following steps:
- Entry using the Promo QR Code – Get the FTX App
- Locate and scan the promotional QR code for the Sweepstakes (“Promo QR Code”) contained in the email that was sent to the email address you used to participate in the 2021 MLB Moonblasts Pick ‘Em Presented by FTX Contest.
- By scanning the Promo QR Code, visit the promotional website, download the FTX mobile app available on iOS, Android and/or the web (“FTX App”) and create an FTX App account or populate the entry form using the email address you used to participate in the 2021 MLB Moonblasts Pick ‘Em Presented by FTX Contest.
- Register an FTX App account or complete the entry form. The referral code “PICKEM” will be automatically populated.
ii. Entry without Promo QR Code
- If you don’t have the FTX mobile app available on iOS, Android and/or the web (“FTX App”) already, visit the promotional website located at pickemws.ftx.us/, download the FTX App, and create an FTX App account using the email address you used to participate in the 2021 MLB Moonblasts Pick ‘Em Presented by FTX Contest.
- Register an FTX App account or complete the entry form, and manually enter in the referral code “PICKEM” during registration.
Eligible persons that satisfy each of the steps above either under (i) or (ii) during the Promotion Period will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
- Via the Website: To enter by website without obligation, visit the website
located at www.ftx.us and sign up for a new account using the referral code
PICKEMWS. You must complete the online sign-up, including agreeing to the FTX
will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for each online sign-up entry
received as stated above.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. No automatically generated, photocopies or other form of mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
Only one (1) entry per person, household and/or email address is permitted, regardless of method of entry. Entrants submitting multiple entries or violating any of these Official Rules will be disqualified. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt.
Note: To claim a prize in this Sweepstakes, the potential winner must have participated in the 2021 MLB Moonblasts Pick ‘Em Presented by FTX Contest and will be required to create a FTX App account. Creating an account will require the collection of personal information for identity verification purposes. Potential winner that did not participate in the 2021 MLB Moonblasts Pick ‘Em Presented by FTX Contest, did not create a FTX App account and/or if their FTX App account is not approved by Sponsor via the verification process will be disqualified. POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF THE PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL THAT ENTRANTS’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH ALL REQUIREMENTS TO CLAIM THE PRIZE HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND FULFILLED, AND THE ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
- Prize Drawing: All Sweepstakes entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be entered into the prize drawing, to be held on or around October 23rd, 2021. The drawing will be conducted either by independent persons or a computer program that randomly chooses the winner, from all eligible entries received and the random selection is final and binding. Sponsor’s clock will be the official clock for the Promotion Period.
- Prize and Odds: The prize to be awarded from the Sweepstakes is as follows:
One (1) Grand Prize:
- Two (2) tickets for winner and one (1) guest to attend one (1) 2021 World Series game, to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion (the “Game”). Approximate retail value: $1000 (USD).
- A trip package for winner and one (1) guest which includes the following not to exceed $4,500.00 (USD) (“Package Maximum”): Roundtrip coach class air transportation for the winner and his/her one (1) guest to an airport located in or close to the city in which the Game will be held as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (from a major airport closest to the winner’s home as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); hotel accommodation in the city in which the Game will be held at a hotel selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy) for one (1) night to include the night before the scheduled Game; and any other travel related expenses as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion up to the Package Maximum. Actual value of trip package depends on city, day, and time of departure. Approximate retail value: not to exceed $4,500.00 (USD). The difference between any stated value and actual value will not be awarded to winner.
- $300 in USD Coin (USDC) or the equivalent value in cash (i.e., US dollars). Approximate retail value: $300 USD.
Sponsor and MLB are not responsible if the originally scheduled Game (or other prize listed above) is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason or where the winner is deemed ineligible to participate for reasons outside of Sponsor’s control (including, without limitation, winner’s failure to provide complete or timely registration or health and safety information) in which event some or all of the prize may be forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
All expenses and incidental travel costs not specifically stated in the trip package description above, including, but not limited to, transportation to gateway; ground transportation; transfers; meals; beverages; mini-bar; insurance; gratuities; souvenirs, etc. are the sole responsibility of the winner and his or her travel companion. Winner and his or her travel companion must possess necessary travel documents, e.g., Federal or state issued ID, at least seven (7) days prior to travel. Winner’s travel companion must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of travel. Without limiting any other terms of these Official Rules, the travel companion (or if the travel companion is under the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence, travel companion’s parent or legal guardian) must execute an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability, and may be required to provide proof of vaccination or a written attestation that he/she cannot be vaccinated because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, prior to issuance of travel documents. Winner and his or her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary. Winner and his or her travel companion will be required to provide valid government issued picture ID at time of travel; any identification requirements associated with air travel or acceptance of prize are the responsibility of the winner and his or her travel companion.
Sponsor will be responsible for arranging trip package related reservations, including flight and hotel accommodations reservations, in connection with which the winner may be consulted, however, Sponsor retains the right to exercise discretion (including, without limitation, choice of airline, hotel and travel dates) and its decisions will be final. Travel must originate from and end at the same airport. All travel and accommodations are subject to availability, change and restrictions. Once travel commences, no stopovers are permitted; if stopover occurs, full fare will be charged from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the trip. No changes will be made to travel details once any portion of travel arrangements has been made. Ticket re-issues and/or time extensions are not allowed. Flight details are subject to the airline carrier’s regulations and conditions. Certain other restrictions may also apply. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. The trip package may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location (i.e., the Game), ground transportation may be substituted for round-trip air travel at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The prize is non-transferable. No cash or other substitution of prize will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes and is not responsible for any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Winner and his or her travel companion are solely responsible for (a) their own conduct while accepting the prize and agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to use and enjoyment of the prize (including without limitation any applicable health and safety policies and procedures); and (b) any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to prizes. Use of any Major League Baseball game/event/exhibition ticket, including any Game tickets, is subject to the standard terms, conditions, and health and safety policies applicable to the ticket currently available at: mlb.com/ticketback. Seat locations at the game/event/exhibition, including the Game, and, unless otherwise stated in the prize description, exact game/event/exhibition date shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Winner’s guest(s) must be of legal age of majority in his/her(their) jurisdiction(s) of residence unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Major League Baseball game/event/exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the BOC and/or the applicable Club and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of the prize will govern in the event a legal game/event/exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played or held due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance, or any other reason. Winner and his/her guest(s) agree to comply with all applicable ballpark and venue regulations in connection with the prize. Sponsor and the MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to the winner and/or his/her guest(s) who engage in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the game/event/exhibition. Sponsor and MLB Entities will not be responsible for weather conditions; acts of God; acts of terrorism; civil disturbances; local, state, or federal regulation, order, or policy; work stoppage; epidemic, pandemic, or any other issue concerning public health or safety; or any other event outside of their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game/event/exhibition. Major League Baseball game/event/exhibition tickets awarded as prizes may not be resold, offered for resale, or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the license granted by the game/event/exhibition ticket. MLB entities make no warranty, guaranty, or representation of any kind concerning the prize (or any portion thereof) and disclaim any implied warranty.
DISCLOSURE: THE VALUE OF CRYPTOCURRENCY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. THERE CAN BE A SUBSTANTIAL RISK THAT IT COULD LOSE VALUE (POSSIBLY ALL VALUE) AS A RESULT OF BUYING, SELLING, OR HOLDING CRYPTOCURRENCY.
Total Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize: $5800 (USD)
The odds of winning the prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received. The prize is non-transferable and no cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize. Winner is solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to the prize. You agree to provide Sponsor with any additional information and complete any required tax or other forms relating to your receipt of the prize.
Notification of Winner. The potential winner will be notified by email and will be required to respond to such email within 48 hours of date/time email was sent by Sponsor. The potential winner must also sign and return any required affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within five (5) days of notification, and may be required to provide proof of vaccination or a written attestation that he/she cannot be vaccinated because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable emails (e.g., resulting from any form of active or passive filtering by an email client or for insufficient space in an email account to receive an email). If a selected potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to respond to the email in the time allotted and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, their prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries. Potential winners that entered the Sweepstakes by mail that do not create a new FTX App account timely will forfeit the prize. Winner must have an active FTX App account at the time of awarding the prize. Prizes will be fulfilled within approximately six (6) to eight (8) weeks of winner verification. Upon prize forfeiture or inability to use a prize or portion thereof, no compensation will be given, and Sponsor will have no further obligation to that entrant. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account specified in the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Disclaimers and Limitations on Liability.
Sponsor and MLB Entities are not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, garbled, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by email or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties or any technical hardware or software failures of any kind, which may limit a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR THE MLB ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Indemnification. You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor, MLB Entities and each of their parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Sweepstakes, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
Publicity. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you consent to the use of your name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to you (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, homepages located at https://www.ftx.us and those of our partners and our social media channels (including https://instagram.com/ftx_app/, https://www.instagram.com/ftx_official/, httpls://www.instagram.com/ftx_us/, https://twitter.com/ftx_official, https://twitter.com/ftx_us https://twitter.com/ftx_app/without additional compensation.
Additional Conditions. Sponsor and MLB reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion (a) the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of the occurrence of any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications, equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Sweepstakes by any party, or any federal, state, local or provincial government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control, or (b) any other factors beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, in all instances without liability to the entrants. Sponsor and MLB also reserve the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
Governing Law and Choice of Forum. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern district of California or the state courts located in Santa Clara County, California.
Third Party Platforms. If this Sweepstakes is hosted, administered, or operated on a third party platform, including without limitation a social media platform (e.g., Facebook, Instagram or Twitter) (“Third Party Platform”), then by participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants hereby release and agree to comply with all rules and policies set forth by such Third Party Platform and to hold harmless such Third Party Platform from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize related activities. This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Platform.
Winners List. For the name of prize winner, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Winners - “FTX Pick ‘Em WS Promotion” as the email subject and Winners - “FTX Pick ‘Em WS Promotion” specified in the body of the email. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Promotion Period. The winners list will be available after winner has been verified.
Sponsor’s Address: West Realm Shires Services, Inc. d/b/a FTX U.S., 2000 Center Street, Suite 400, Berkeley, California 94704.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored by any of the MLB Entities. Major League Baseball trademarks, service marks, and copyrights are proprietary to the MLB Entities. All rights reserved.
Contact. If you have any questions relating to this Sweepstakes, you may contact Sponsor via email at: email@example.com.