Onboarding requirements for FTX US and FTX US Derivatives are entirely different due to federal regulations. Trading may vary based on location. Details can be found below.
FTX US currently accepts all individual applications except the following jurisdictions:
FTX US currently accepts all Company applications except the following jurisdictions:
Registrations are prohibited from Japan.
FTX US Derivatives
FTX US Derivatives is accepting applications for U.S. individuals.
Note: We are currently unable to accept applications from US student visa holders.
You can open an account on start.ledgerx.com! The application is easy and only takes 5 minutes. Applications are generally approved within 24 hours.
FTX US Derivatives customers are required to provide a document that reflects the United States residence, including a driver's license, state ID, passport, passport card or permanent resident card.
- Full name
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Address details
- ID document
- Social Security Number (SSN)
FTX US Derivatives is currently accepting applications for companies in the following jurisdictions:
- United States (US)
- Cayman Islands
- British Virgin Islands (BVI)
- Entities wholly owned or managed by a United States entity/individual
- National Futures Association (NFA) registered entity/individual
We do not support self-directed IRA accounts or trust accounts right now. We hope to accept self-directed IRAs and trusts in the future.
Documents required for the company application:
- Certificate of Good Standing
- Organizational Documents such as LLC Operating or Partnership Agreement and Registration Certificate, Certificate of Incorporation and Bylaws, or other organizational documents
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policy. If your entity does not need an AML letter because it does not accept outside funds, please upload a signed document with this statement.
- Beneficial Owner IDs
- Legal Entity Identifier (can request from https://lei.bloomberg.com/ and it generally takes less than 24 hours). We are required to obtain this for regulatory reporting