FTX US Social Media Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”)
OFFICIAL RULES (“Rules”)
Sponsored by West Realm Shires Services Inc. d/b/a FTX US (“FTX US”)
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Agreement to Rules: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, you accept and agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Sweepstakes Period: Begins on November 15, 2021 at 10:30 AM EST and ends on November 19, 2021 at 11:59pm EST (the “Promotion Period”). Winners will be selected during the promotion period.
3. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open any person that is eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of FTX US and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to FTX US through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Promotion Period, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are also not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter:
- During the Promotion Period, you may enter by completing the following stepsYou will need either a twitter or instagram account (a “social media account”) and an FTX US account.
- To create a twitter account, visit www.twitter.com. By submitting your information and creating a twitter account, you will be required to agree to the twitter terms of service and privacy notice. If you do not agree to twitter’s terms of service and privacy notice, you cannot create an account.
- To create an instagram account, visit www.instagram.com. By submitting your information and creating an instagram account, you will be required to agree to the instagram terms of service and privacy notice. If you do not agree to instagram’s terms of service and privacy notice, you cannot create an account.
- Eligible individuals must (1) follow the official FTX App account in either twitter or instagram, and (2) retweet or share post from FTX US promoting this Sweepstakes (an “entry”)
- Eligible persons that satisfy each of the steps above during the Promotion Period will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. No automatically generated, photocopies or other form of mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
- Winner selection: Prize winners will be chosen at random. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The prize is non-transferable and no cash or other substitution of the prize is permitted.
5. Prize: (2) people will each win a prize of 1 Mercedes AMGF1 hat signed by Lewis Hamilton (each a “prize winner”).
6. Winner notification: Prize winner will be notified via direct message to either their instagram or twitter account. If a selected potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to respond to the email in the time allotted and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, their prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries.
7. Disclaimers and Limitations on Liability. (a) FTX US is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, garbled, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties or any technical hardware or software failures of any kind, which may limit a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. (b) IN NO EVENT WILL FTX US BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE ACCEPTANCE, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT FTX US HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
8. Indemnification. You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold FTX US and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Sweepstakes, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (i) any condition caused by events beyond FTX US’s control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
9. Additional Conditions. FTX US reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, if in FTX US’s opinion (a) the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of the occurrence of any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications, equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Sweepstakes by any party, or any federal, state, local or provincial government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within FTX US’s control, or (b) any other factors beyond FTX US’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, in all instances without liability to the entrants. FTX US also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by FTX US, in its sole discretion.
10. Governing Law and Choice of Forum. These Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Sweepstakes or these Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern district of California, or the state courts located in Santa Clara County, California.
11. Third Party Platforms. If this Sweepstakes is hosted, administered, or operated on a third party platform, including without limitation a social media platform (e.g., Facebook, Instagram or Twitter) (“Third Party Platform”), then by participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants hereby release and agree to comply with all rules and policies set forth by such Third Party Platform and to hold harmless such Third Party Platform from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prizes or participation in any prize related activities. This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third-Party Platform.
12. FTX US’s Address: West Realm Shires Services, Inc. d/b/a FTX U.S., 2000 Center Street, Suite 400, Berkeley, California 94704.