What are FTX US Cards & how do they work?
FTX cards, powered by the Swipe Visa® Debit Card, are debit cards connected to your FTX US account. FTX US debit cards are accepted worldwide, anywhere VISA is accepted!
That means that you can pay for goods with your FTX Card, and it will automatically fund the purchases with your FTX US account balances! No need to connect it to a bank account or anything else.
The FTX US card allows you to spend your balances on FTX US automatically on purchases. It works with any tokens on FTX US, not just USD; you can keep BTC and use it to pay!
After you have activated your card, please visit this page for a step by step guide on how to select the preferred currency you want to use with your FTX card.
If your account does not have enough total value, the purchase will be declined.
Who can sign up for an FTX Card?
The FTX Card is only available on FTX US, and only to US residents with a valid SSN/ITIN. We anticipate that we will be able to offer the card to additional regions in the future. Please watch for any announcements when additional countries/regions are added!
Unfortunately at this time, cards are only offered to individual users who meet the qualification requirements, not business accounts.
*Access to the FTX Card is at FTX US's discretion and may be limited to a certain number of users.
How do I sign up for the FTX US Debit Card?
1. Go to ftx.us/card/signup
2. Click on Verify Identity.
Note: You will need to be KYC Level 2 before you are able to apply for the FTX Card. To apply for KYC Level 2, go to ftx.us/kyc.
3. Enter your information. You may need to upload additional documents such as your ID, Selfie and a Proof of Address (recent bank statement or utility bill).
5. Agree to the terms and click on Submit.
Your application is now under review.
You may monitor the card status at ftx.us/card.
1. Tap on the ⚙️icon at the top left corner of your FTX App.
2. Select Linked Bank & Cards.
3. Tap on the FTX US Card banner at the top of the page.
4. Agree to the Cardholder agreement and then tap Next.
5. You will see instructions for signing up for an FTX US Card. Tap Let's Go.
6. Enter your phone number.
7. Enter your address.
8. Tap on the proof of address you will be uploading.
9. Allow camera access so you can take a photo of your document.
10. Tap on the ID you would like to use to verify your identity.
11. Take a selfie as described on the screen. Tap Next when done.
Your application is now under review.
Once your order has been approved FTX will issue virtual cards. This means that you will receive a card number, expiration date, and CVV, which may be used to make online purchases. A physical card will be shipped to you within 7-14 business days of approval.
Can I sign up for a card on FTX (formerly Blockfolio) and FTX US PRO/FTX.US?
Once you have placed an order for the card either from the FTX (formerly Blockfolio) app or through the ftx.us website you are not able to order a card on the other platform.
For example: If you placed an order for a card on the ftx.us website, you will not be able to place another card order on the FTX (formerly Blockfolio) app.
FTX.US and FTX Pro
These apps are linked, but you are currently only able to order the FTX card from the ftx.us website and not from the FTX Pro app.
FTX (formerly Blockfolio)
You are only able to order the card via the app. For further information on how to order the FTX card from the Blockfolio app please follow the instructions found here.
Are there any fees associated with the FTX US Card?
No! Users are not charged any fees for using their FTX card!
Is a credit check required to receive the FTX card?
Yes! The issuing bank Evolve Bank & Trust will run a soft credit check in order to verify your identity so that you may receive the FTX card. It's important to note that this is only a soft credit check and will in no way impact your credit score.
Prohibited JurisdictionsThe FTX US VISA card use is prohibited in the countries listed below:
- Central African Republic
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- South Sudan
- Sudan and Darfur
- Ukraine including Luhansk and Donetsk
FTX US Debit Card - Cardholder Agreement