FTX US Single Sign-On (SSO)
FTX US SSO enables a partner's users to access the FTX US technology stack by leveraging the comprehensive FTX US API suite. Partners can integrate FTX US through two different services: Single Sign-On & Whitelabel. This article provides a general overview of the FTX US SSO service.
FTX US Single Sign-On provides our partners the ability to generate revenue from trading fees from FTX users through the External Referral Program. Through an OAuth integration, the partner is able to easily obtain API keys from an FTX US user and then act on behalf of the user (trade, get balance, deposit, purchase NFTs, etc).
Why would a partner integrate FTX US SSO?
- Trade and leverage existing FTX US services without reinventing the wheel
- Authentication, payment on-ramps, KYC flows will be provided through ftx.com/ftx.us
- Users will be able to access their existing FTX US account
- Generate revenue through the External Referral Program
Common Use Cases
1. User navigates to partner’s website
2. User clicks the “Sign in with FTX US” button on the partner’s website
2a. User will be redirected to the FTX US website
2b. User will either login or sign up and go through KYC
2c. User will authorize the partner’s app
3. As the user trades through the partner’s website, fees are rebated to the partner
Differences vs. Whitelabel
- Users will know they are using their FTX US account during the redirect process
- Users will have FTX US accounts and will be able to login to the FTX US website
- Users will be using payment and KYC rails on the FTX US website
- Partner does not need to dedicate significant resources to get the product out
- Partner must follow the brand guidelines of the “Sign In with FTX US” button
1. Fill out this form to indicate interest and provide an overview of the intended integration. The FTX BD team will review and send agreements for SSO and External Referral Programs.
2. Partner will be required to create an FTX US account and sign a contracts with FTX US for both Single Sign-On and External Referral Program.
3. Partner denotes a name for their ERP and the associated FTX US account.
4. FTX US enables SSO & ERP for the partner, providing "clientId" & "clientSecret".
5. Partner integrates the SSO functionality onto their app/platform.
Managing FTX US SSO Permissions
Users may manage the applications that they have authorized through FTX US SSO by following the instructions below.
Viewing FTX US SSO Information
1. Sign in to your FTX US account and navigate to "OAuth" settings under "account settings". This can be found by clicking on your user email on the top right of the platform > click settings > click OAuth
2. Under OAuth Authorized Applications, users may view and manage the clients that they have authorized with API permissions.
3. Under OAuth Login Records, users may view the last 100 OAuth login records showing the client and timestamp when the client was authorized.
Please note that only clients and login records that were authorized after July 14th, 2022 are visible. Clients that were authorized prior to this date will not be displayed.
Revoking FTX US SSO Permissions
Users may revoke clients that were granted permissions through FTX US SSO by clicking on the Revoke Access icon and confirming in the following prompt. Revoking a client will also revoke API keys that were generated by this client.