“FTX GATE GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES”
NO PURCHASE OR FTX ACCOUNT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR SETTING UP A FTX ACCOUNT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE ELIGIBILITY AREA (DEFINED BELOW) AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS SWEEPSTAKES (DEFINED BELOW) IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN FORTY-EIGHT (48) STATES OF THE UNITED STATES (VOID IN STATES OF FLORIDA AND NEW YORK) AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (THE “ELIGIBILITY AREA”) ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
These “Official Rules” of the “FTX GATE GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES” (the “Sweepstakes”) shall serve to govern a single random drawing with one (1) potential prize winner selected as detailed below.
1. Sweepstakes Entry Period: Sweepstakes commences at 2:30 pm PT on July 16, 2022 and ends online at 11:59 pm PT on July 22, 2022 (“Entry Period”) with methods of entry as detailed below. The Sponsor’s (defined below) time clock will be the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. All Entries (defined below) must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
2. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes, you must, as of date of entry, be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien who physically resides within the Eligibility Area, who is at least 18 years of age or older , was in attendance at the 2022 MLB All-Star Saturday event taking place on July 16, 2022 at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, CA and prior to your entry, not be a named FTX account holder. A prize won by an individual at least 18 years of age but considered to be a minor (“Minor”) in his or her jurisdiction of residency will be awarded in the name of said Minor’s parent or legal guardian. Employees, agents, directors of West Realm Shires Services Inc. d/b/a FTX US, 2000 Center Street St., Suite 400, Berkley, CA 94704 (“FTX” or “Sponsor”), Wasserman (“Administrator”), West Coast Marketing, a division of The Susquehanna Hat Company (“West Coast Marketing”), MLB Entities (defined below) and their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. “MLB Entities” shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (“MLB”), Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, and any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and by the decisions of Sponsor; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) represent and warrant that he or she meets all the eligibility criteria set forth in these Official Rules; (d) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (e) agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant’s participation in Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all claims, demands, damages and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss or any other harm, suffered directly or indirectly from entrant’s participation in Sweepstakes or the receipt or acceptance, redemption, possession, use or misuse of the Prize (hereinafter defined), and for any claim including claims based on defamation, publicity rights, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action.
3. To Enter: There are two (2) methods of entry in the Sweepstakes as detailed herein. There is a limit of one (1) Entry (defined below) per person in the Sweepstakes.
Online Entry Method: During the Entry Period, scan the QR code(included while supplies last) at the FTX stadium giveaway upon entrance into 2022 All-Star Saturday on July 16, 2022 at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, CA) and/or visit the website at [URL HERE] (“Sweepstakes Site”) and/or download the FTX app (“APP”) wherever you get your applications (Google, App Store, etc.) and create a FTX account in your name. Then once setting up a FTX account in your name, enter the code GATE2022 and complete any required information. By successfully completing the foregoing and subject to the entry limitations stated herein you will receive one (1) “Online Entry” in the Sweepstakes.
How to Enter by U.S. Mail Without Online FTX Account Activity: To enter by U.S. Mail without FTX account activity, on a postcard, hand print your actual first and last name, residential address (no P.O. boxes), daytime telephone number, email address, date of birth and mail to “FTX GATE GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES”, 22287 Mulholland Highway, Box 396, Calabasas, CA 91302. Entry must be legible and completed in full to be valid. Machine duplicated or reproduced Entries will not be accepted. Only one (1) individual’s name may be on each Entry. By submitting the Entry as detailed herein and subject to the Entry limitations detailed herein, you will receive one (1) “Mail-in Entry”. ALL ENTRIES SUBMITTED BY U.S. MAIL MUST BE MAILED SEPARATELY AND BE POSTMARKED BY JULY 19, 2022 AND RECEIVED BY JULY 23, 2022. All Mail-In Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Online Entry and Mail-in Entry may be referred to hereafter individually as an “Entry” and collectively as “Entries”.
Note: message and data rates may apply if entrant enters the Sweepstakes via mobile device.
There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person regardless of method of Entry. If it is suspected that an entrant submits more than one (1) Entry in the Sweepstakes, only the first Entry received will be considered. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning entry, if via the Online Entry Method then the “registered account holder” of the FTX account used to participate in the Sweepstakes at the actual time of Entry, will be deemed to be the entrant.
It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Administrator in writing if the entrant changes his or her email address or telephone number during the Sweepstakes. In the event a winning account selected is a joint account, a total of one (1) prize will be awarded in the name of the first-named account holder. Proof to Sponsor’s satisfaction of being the authorized account holder may be required by Sponsor.
All Entries submitted in the Sweepstakes which are in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered eligible “Entries”. All Entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. Entries will not be returned and receipt of Entry will not be acknowledged. Proof of Entry such as “Thanks for Entering” will not be deemed to be actual proof of receipt by Sponsor.
5. Odds: The odds of becoming the winner in the Sweepstakes depends on the total number of eligible Entries received and are equal regardless of method of Entry.
6. Prize: Grand Prize (1 available): The “Grand Prize” or “Prize” shall consist of a trip (“Trip”) for the Grand Prize Winner (defined below) and one (1) travel companion (the “Travel Companion”) to attend one (1) 2022 MLB World Series game (“Event”) in a city yet to be determined (“Destination City”) on a date to be determined and which includes the following Prize elements: (i) two (2) tickets to the Event; (ii) r/t coach airfare between the major gateway city airport nearest Winner’s residence within the Eligibility Area (as determined by Sponsor) and Destination City (“Flights”); (iii) two (2) consecutive night’s hotel (one (1) standard room (double occupancy; room and tax only at a “Hotel”) selected by Sponsor); and (iv) per diem for meals and ground transportation in Destination City (awarded either as $500 deposited into Winner’s FTX account (if applicable) or a bank card in the total amount of $500) if Winner is not a FTX account ho9lder). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $7,200. The ARV specified herein is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded.
The actual value of the Grand Prize may vary depending on cities of departure and destination, dates and times of travel, airfare fluctuations and Hotel charges at the time of travel bookings. Therefore, the actual value of the Grand Prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. Any difference between actual value and stated ARV will not be awarded. Travel is subject to the restrictions and conditions set forth below. Grand Prize Winner must be able to travel on dates specified by Sponsor in order to attend
Event or Grand Prize Trip will be forfeited in its entirety. Any costs associated with Grand Prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly stated above are not included in the Grand Prize and are the responsibility solely of the Grand Prize Winner and their Travel Companion. Such costs may include, without limitation, any additional meals or ground transportation, any unspecified federal, national, state or local taxes or government surcharges or fees, including, but not limited to, airport fees, Trip and travel insurance and premiums, excursions, drinks, incidentals, gratuities, telephone calls, charges for changing dates or other personal costs and expenses not specified herein, and are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and their Travel Companion. All travel arrangements are to be administered by Sponsor or its designee. All aspects of the Trip, including, but not limited to, specific airline(s), Flights, Hotel, specific Event game, date, city location and Event ticket location are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Grand Prize Winner and their Travel Companion will be required to travel on identical itineraries including the same departure city, departure date, destination and return date. Background checks of Grand Prize Winner and their Travel Companion may be performed at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Negative information may result in Grand Prize Winner and/or Travel Companion being declared as ineligible to participate in Grand Prize Trip or any element therein at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Grand Prize Winner and his or her Travel Companion will be required to provide valid government-issued photo ID (Real ID may be required) at time of travel as required by airline, airport, Event venue, Hotel and TSA/any and all government authorities and follow all TSA, airline, Event venue, Hotel and any/all governmental Covid protocol regulations and requirements which may include the wearing of a specified face mask and/or providing proof of specified vaccinations. A valid credit card or cash deposit by Grand Prize Winner may be required by Hotel at time of check-in for incidentals. If the Grand Prize Winner lives within 150 miles of Destination City (as determined by Sponsor) no airfare will be provided and the remainder of the Trip as detailed herein shall constitute the complete and total Grand Prize. If accepting the Trip, Grand Prize Winner and Travel Companion will be required to follow all Sponsor and state, federal, and local governmental Covid-compliance regulations and requirements during the Trip. If Grand Prize Winner elects to travel or partake in Trip with no Travel Companion, no additional compensation will be awarded. Flight transportation and Hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Once non-fully refundable portions of Trip are booked, such elements will be subtracted from cash equivalent prizing, if applicable. All airline tickets issued in conjunction with Grand Prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles or any other promotional benefit. Sponsor or its designee will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items once they are in the Grand Prize Winner’s possession, or in the possession of the Grand Prize Winner’s Travel Companion. Grand Prize Trip travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, holiday and other blackout dates and certain other restrictions and conditions, which may include a Saturday night stay, all of which are subject to change. No additional prize element will be substituted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for changes in any element of Grand Prize schedule. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as the Grand Prize; if a stopover occurs, the Grand Prize will terminate and full fare will be charged from the stopover point for the remaining Trip segment(s), including the return. Once Hotel and Flight arrangements have been confirmed, no changes will be allowed except by Sponsor at its sole discretion. Any unclaimed and/or unused Grand Prize travel package will remain the property of Sponsor.
In the event the Grand Prize Winner or their Travel Companion engage(s) in behavior during the Trip (or part thereof) that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any of its services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Grand Prize Trip early, and remove such Grand Prize Winner and/or their Travel Companion from Trip elements (or part thereof) with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to Grand Prize Winner (or Travel Companion) which may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in such Grand Prize Winner’s disqualification from the Sweepstakes and forfeiture of any (and/or all) Grand Prize elements. In the event Grand Prize Winner or their Travel Companion engage(s) in behavior during the Trip (or part thereof) that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects Grand Prize Winner (or Travel Companion) to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Grand Prize Winner (or Travel Companion) as a result of such conduct.
All specifics of prizing are at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Awarding of the Grand Prize is subject to the Grand Prize Winner’s acceptance of all requisite conditions within these Official Rules and such Grand Prize Winner’s ability and agreement to grant the rights set forth in these Official Rules and all required documents detailed herein.
A Minor will not be allowed to participate in any portion of the Grand Prize Trip without being accompanied by their parent or legal guardian that is the Grand Prize Winner.
Prize Conditions Specific to MLB Game/Event Tickets: Use of any Major League Baseball game/Event/exhibition ticket, including any Game tickets, is subject to the standard terms, conditions, and health and safety policies applicable to the ticket currently available at: mlb.com/ticketback. Seat locations at the game/Event/exhibition, including the Event (as defined above), and, unless otherwise stated in the Grand Prize description, exact game/Event/exhibition date shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Winner’s guest/Travel Companion must be of legal age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Major League Baseball game/Event/exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the BOC and/or the applicable Club and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of the Grand Prize will govern in the event a legal game/Event/exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played or held due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance, or any other reason. Winner and his/her guest/Travel Companion agree to comply with all applicable ballpark and venue regulations in connection with the Grand Prize. Sponsor and the MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to the winner and/or his/her guest(s) who engage in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the game/Event/exhibition. Sponsor and MLB Entities will not be responsible for weather conditions; acts of God; acts of terrorism; civil disturbances; local, state, or federal regulation, order, or policy; work stoppage; epidemic, pandemic, or any other issue concerning public health or safety; or any other event outside of their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game/Event/exhibition. Major League Baseball game/Event/exhibition tickets awarded as prizing may not be resold, offered for resale, or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification and Grand Prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the license granted by the game/Event/exhibition ticket. Participation in the prize Event is subject to winner’s (and guest’s/Travel Companion’s) consent to and compliance with all health and safety policies of the MLB Entities.
7. Publicity Release: By participating in Sweepstakes, the Winner (defined below) grants to Sponsor, and its representatives, affiliates, licensees and assigns, the right and permission to record, film, videotape and photograph the Winner (“Images”). These Images will be owned by Sponsor. Sponsor and each of its designees shall have the right to use, re-use, reproduce, publish, display, exhibit, distribute, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, address (city and state), voice, conversation, biographical and prize information and any other attributes of Winner, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, if any, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, publicity, promotion, or a Sweepstakes Winner List or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
8. Winner Selection and Notification: There will be one (1) potential winner selected in in a random drawing on/about 8/1/22 from among all of the eligible Entries received as specified in Section 3 herein by Sponsor’s independent judging agency, Administrator or its designee. Administrator or its designee will attempt to contact the potential winner via the email address and/or telephone number provided at time of Entry and by entering, the entrant hereby grants permission to be contacted via email and/or telephone. If the potential winner cannot be reached directly and/or does not meet the eligibility requirements, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may (at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time-permitting) be selected in a random drawing from among all of the remaining eligible Entries. Unclaimed Prize may or may not (at Sponsor’s sole discretion) be awarded to an alternate.
Potential Prize winner (or potential Prize winner’s parent or legal guardian if a potential Prize winner is considered a Minor) will be required to respond to the initial notification within twenty-four (24) hours, providing or verifying first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, date of birth, telephone number and email address and confirming eligibility in the Sweepstakes. In addition, the potential Prize winner (or potential Prize winner’s parent or legal guardian if the potential Prize winner is a Minor) will be required to execute and return an executed Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and (except where prohibited) Publicity Release form and a completed IRS W-9 form within seven (7) days of date of issuance. The potential Grand Prize winner’s Travel Companion) if considered to be a Minor, is required to be the legally recognized child or ward (with the Grand Prize Winner having legally authorized care, custody or control of same) of the named Grand Prize Winner. The potential Grand Prize winner’s Travel Companion (or potential Grand Prize winner if the Travel Companion is the child or ward of potential Grand Prize winner) will also be required to execute and return a Release of Liability within this same seven (7) day deadline. A pre-paid overnight delivery air bill may be provided to facilitate the return of all required documents from potential Grand Prize winner.
Potential Grand Prize winner’s failure to respond to notification, execute and return all required forms as detailed above, or to comply with any other provision herein, may result in the potential Grand Prize winner being disqualified and (time permitting) an alternate potential Grand Prize winner may or may not be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
If any notification or prizing is returned as undeliverable for any reason, Sponsor may decide, in its sole discretion, to award such prizing to an alternate eligible entrant or if time does not permit (in Sponsor’s opinion) to not award such prizing.
Acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) granted to Sponsor to use the Grand Prize Winner’s and Travel Companion’s name, user name/handle, likeness, picture, voice, biographical information and statements for publicity, advertising, trade and promotional purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes in any and all media and manner, and by any and all means now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity worldwide without additional consideration, compensation or limitation of any kind, and without the need to get any further consent. Any and all such recordings shall at all times be owned by, and the exclusive property of, Sponsor.
Prize is not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash. If necessary, due to unavailability of a prize element for any reason, a prize element of equal or greater value may be awarded at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prize may not be sold, bartered or exchanged (in whole or part) by Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize is provided "as is" and without any warranty of any kind. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with Grand Prize receipt and/or use. By accepting the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner acknowledges and agrees to compliance with these Official Rules. All federal, national, state, local and any other tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
9. Winner Verification: To be eligible to be declared the Winner and to receive the Prize, the potential winner must respond to Sponsor and/or Administrator or its designee, as detailed above, with required documents that: (a) releases Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential winner’s participation in Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, participating in any prize related activity, or the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, grants Sweepstakes Entities the right to use Winner’s name, picture and/or likeness, or biographical information or voice for trade, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration or notification. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if any notification(s) are not received due to the potential winner changing his/her email address or telephone number without notifying Sponsor and/or Administrator, problematic issues with potential winner’s provided email address or if such notification is directed to the potential winner’s “Spam” or “Junk” folder. Entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to complete, execute and return such Release. If the potential winner does not execute this Release and return it within the time frame specified, the potential winner may be disqualified, and the prize forfeited. When such documentation is properly executed and providing potential winner is otherwise in compliance with the Official Rules, potential winner will be determined to be the official Sweepstakes winner (“Winner”).
Potential winner may also be required to complete any additional documents provided by Administrator or Sponsor with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified or potential winner may forfeit Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the potential winner is unable to participate in or accept the Prize or any portion of the Prize for any reason, Sponsor will have no further obligation to the potential winner. Prize or any documents returned as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of Prize. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winner for any reason Sponsor deems necessary. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right, time permitting, to select an alternate potential winner in the event that any potential winner fails to comply with these Official Rules or fails to execute the documentation within the time frame specified.
THE POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF THE PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, Winner acknowledges that Sweepstakes Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the prize and that Winner will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any form of insurance relating to the prize that Winner deems appropriate.
10. Prize Terms: Prize will be fulfilled within 10-12 weeks of the completion of the Sweepstakes or when all details of Destination City and Event are known, but subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If for any reason the Prize detailed herein is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion and award a substitute Prize, or portion of Prize, of comparable or greater value as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is permitted by the Winner. Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winner who is unable to, or who does not for any reason, accept the Prize. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the prizing, is solely Winner’s responsibility. SPECIFIC ITEMS AWARDED AS PRIZING IS AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF SPONSOR OR ITS DESIGNEE. PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZE AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Prize pictured in online, television, print advertising, and other Sweepstakes materials is for illustrative purposes only. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prize will be made by Administrator (or its designee) and/or Sponsor.
11. Taxes: All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of the Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility.
12. FORCE MAJEURE: Sweepstakes Entities and their respective officers, directors and shareholders (collectively, the “Releasees”) shall not be liable to Grand Prize Winner or any other person for failure to supply a Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, pandemic, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, network or computer problems, internet problems, hacking, computer viruses, unauthorized computer access, tampering, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control. Releasees shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carrier(s) or other transportation companies, Hotel(s), Event(s) or any other persons providing any of these goods, services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services, accommodations or Event(s) necessitated by same. Releasees’ legal responsibility for loss or damage to baggage shall be strictly governed by the Warsaw Convention and the other applicable conditions of carriage set forth on the passengers’ tickets.
13. General Terms: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if Sweepstakes or part thereof cannot take place, or if Prize or part thereof cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions, cancellations, changes in schedule or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, pandemic, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities. If, for any reason Sweepstakes or part thereof is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities, which, in Sponsor’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes or part thereof, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes. If Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes is terminated or modified prior to the closing date of the Entry Period, notice will be posted on [https://ftxoffthegrid.com/] if time permits and the Prize will be awarded to Winner to be selected in a random drawing from among all of the remaining uncorrupted, eligible Entries received prior to any such event, or in any manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during Sweepstakes for clarification purposes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify Entries that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, altered, tampered with, unauthorized, fraudulent, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not received, postage due mail, or that have incorrect or inaccurate Entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error that may occur in the processing of the Entries in Sweepstakes, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for inability to access the Sweepstakes Site or APP, any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of Sweepstakes, errors in processing Entries, identifying the Winner, in the announcement of the Prize and Winner, and the delivery of the Prize, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, mobile phone, computer systems, online systems, email systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of delivery or receipt of any email as a result of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site or email system, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer system/software or mobile phone or other portable electronic device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in Sweepstakes. Use of any device to automate or subvert Entry is prohibited and any Entries received by such means will be void. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated Entries are permitted, and any Entries received by such means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated Entry; (ii) to have tampered with the Entry process or the operation of Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iv) to display behavior that will bring such Winner or Sweepstakes Entities into disgrace; (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with Sweepstakes or part thereof; or (vi) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS THE WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
IN THE EVENT ENTRANT ATTEMPTS TO BRING A CLAIM, ACTION OR PROCEEDING AGAINST SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES DESPITE AGREEING NOT TO DO SO IN SECTION 2 OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AS A CONDITION OF ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (I) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES; (II) ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OF ANY AND ALL ISSUES AND THAT ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, BY BINDING ARBITRATION (BY A SINGLE NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR SELECTED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) ; AND (III) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT SHALL SUCH CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS OR AWARDS INCLUDE ATTORNEYS' FEES. THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SWEEPSTAKES SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PART THEREOF MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
14. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For an Official Winner List (available after 8/10/22), or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “FTX GATE GIVEAWAYS SWEEPSTAKES” (please specify Official Winner List or Official Rules), 22287 Mulholland Hwy., #396, Calabasas, CA 91302. Residents of Vermont with a return address in Vermont may omit the return postage on their Official Rules request. Official Rules are also available at the Sweepstakes Site during the Entry Period.
15. Sponsored by: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by West Realm Shires Services Inc. d/b/a FTX US, 2000 Center Street St., Suite 400, Berkley, CA 94704.
16. Administered by: This Sweepstakes is administered by Wasserman, 55 Water Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes starts at 2:30 pm PT on 7/16/22 and ends at 10:00 pm PT on 7/22/22 for online entry and 7/19/22 for postmarking mail entry. Open to citizens/residents of 48 of the U.S. & DC 18 or older who were in attendance at the MLB All-Star Saturday Event on 7/16/22 at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, CA. Subject to Official Rules at [URL HERE]. See Official Rules for complete details including how to enter by mail. Void in States of New York and Florida and where prohibited. Sponsor: West Realm Shires Services Inc. d/b/a FTX US.